Introduction of a new manual journal entry transaction – FV50
Duke Finance is excited to announce a new SAP transaction for creating manual journal entries. The new transaction, FV50 – Park GL Account Document, offers improved transaction mechanics, increasing the ease and efficiency of processing journal entries. FV50 will replace SAP transaction F-65 – Park Document.
Additionally, account assignment templates will replace account assignment models used by many in the Duke community to assist with manual journal entries. Like models, account assignment templates provide processing efficiencies for those users who create routine manual journal entries.
The designated transition window for users to move to FV50 will run between May and August 2023. During this window, Duke Finance is offering overview sessions focusing on the following:
- Specific details on the FV50 transaction, including a demonstration.
- Guidance on journal entry functionality that is not changing, including using ZF104 for JV uploads, transaction ZF418 for managing cost transfers for federally sponsored projects, workflow routing and approval, and other reports helpful to managing journal entries.
- Details on the online resources and training material that will be available to assist with the transition.
As of September 1, 2023, Duke will remove the current manual journal entry transaction – F-65 – Park Document – SAP journal entry transaction and all users will be required to utilize transaction FV50 for processing of manual journal entries.
To prepare for the transition:
- Attend an overview session. Duke Finance will offer sessions via Zoom, and pre-registration is required. Register for a session by selecting the appropriate session hyperlink. Make sure to add the event and Zoom information to your calendar.
- If you currently use account assignment models, Duke Finance will assist in creating account assignment models as account assignment templates. Submit the name of the account assignment models that must be created as templates via this survey by July 31, 2023.
Thank you for your support during this transition. If you have questions regarding the new transaction, please contact Accounting Systems Administration at AcctgsSsyAdmin@duke.edu. If you have questions regarding the overview sessions or training, please contact the Office of Education for Research Administration and Finance at ResearchFinanceEd@duke.edu.