Courses & Schedules
Participants will need to complete all courses and quizzes in Group A before moving to Group B. Additionally, participants must complete online courses through the LMS in order to receive credit.
Introduction to SAP
Introduction to Duke Accounting and Business Practices
Introduction to General Ledger Accounts – TRaC Reps
Online Expense Reports – Video Series – Domestic Trip
Online Expense Reports – Video Series – Corporate Card Non-travel
Online Expense Reports – Video Series – Out of Pocket
Online Expense Reports – Video Series – International Trip
Online Expense Reports – Video Series – Additional Functions of the Tool
Online Expense Reports – Travel Portal Reporting
Online Expense Report Videos – Fundamentals Quiz
(Group A courses must be completed prior to attending Group B courses. Course sequencing is enforced in Group B. Participants will be given access to register for the courses listed below when they are given access to the TRaC Rep Curriculum in the Duke’s Learning Management System.)
TRaC Representative Certification
The Duke G/L Accounts training is designed for new employees or individuals new to financial responsibilities, and is designed to follow Introduction to Duke Accounting and Business Practices. Delivered on-demand, this video series introduces participants to the various types of G/L accounts, discusses key criteria used to determine appropriate G/L accounts based on a situation, reviews web resources available to assist with this determination, outlines how different roles interact with G/L accounts, and describes common errors and how to avoid them. Participants are strongly encouraged to attend Introduction to Duke Accounting and Business Practices prior to beginning this training.
Videos are grouped into series based on user roles. Be sure to select the video series that best fits your role.
- Introduction to Duke General Ledger Accounts - SAP Classes - this video series is designed for those who will be attending any SAP classroom training. This will individuals participating in the Financial System Specialist Certification Program or those fulfilling prerequisite requirements to participate in certification supporting grant administration.
- Introduction to Duke General Ledger Accounts - Payroll Rep-Company 10 - this video series is designed for Department Payroll Representatives who work in Duke University or the School of Medicine.
- Introduction to Duke General Ledger Accounts - Payroll Rep - DUHS - this video series is designed for Department Payroll Representatives who work in Duke University Health System.
- Introduction to General Ledger Accounts - Procure to Pay Specialist - this video series is designed for participants in the Procure to Pay Specialist certification program.
- Introduction to General Ledger Accounting - TRaC Representatives - this videos series is designed for participants in the TRaC Representative certification program.
- Introduction to General Ledger Accounting - Research Administration - this video series is designed for participants in the RAA Certification or for those in grant specific jobs.
Registration for this session will be handled through Duke's Learning Management System (LMS). The LMS is accessible by using the Duke@Work portal and accessing the My Career > My Learning tab. See "Related Materials" for further details.
The Introduction to SAP course presents general information about the SAP system at Duke. You will learn common SAP language, as well as how to log on to and navigate the system. The course is presented in a series of five short videos and requires successful completion of a short quiz. Introduction to SAP is required before taking any other SAP courses. It is not required for either the iForms Overview or Introduction to SAP Business Warehouse courses.