- Financial Certification Program
- Certified TRaC Representative
- Courses & Schedules
Courses & Schedules
Participants should complete all courses and quizzes in Group A before moving to Group B. Additionally, participants must complete online courses through the LMS to receive credit.
Introduction to SAP - on-demand learning
Introduction to Duke Accounting and Business Practices - on-demand learning and quiz
Introduction to General Ledger Accounts – TRaC Reps - on-demand learning and quiz
(Group A courses must be completed before attending Group B courses. Course sequencing, as outlined below, is encouraged but not required in Group B. Participants will be given access to the TRaC Rep Curriculum in Duke's Learning Management System, which includes the quizzes associated with the instructor-led virtual classes below when their contract of enrollment is approved.
Concur Expense Reports – Policies and Procedures – virtual, instructor-led training and quiz
Concur Expense Reports – Managing the Process – virtual, instructor-led training and quiz
Concur Expense Reports – Reconciling Situations – virtual, instructor-led training and quiz
TRaC Representative Certification
The Introduction to Duke Accounting and Business Practice is designed for new employees or individuals new to financial responsibilities. It introduces basic accounting terminology, the cost object structure, and commonly used business processes and transactions. As you register, please note that separate sessions are offered for Duke University/School of Medicine and Duke University Health System.
The Duke G/L Accounts training is designed for new employees or individuals new to financial responsibilities, and is designed to follow Introduction to Duke Accounting and Business Practices. Delivered on-demand, this video series introduces participants to the various types of G/L accounts, discusses key criteria used to determine appropriate G/L accounts based on a situation, reviews web resources available to assist with this determination, outlines how different roles interact with G/L accounts, and describes common errors and how to avoid them. Participants are strongly encouraged to attend Introduction to Duke Accounting and Business Practices prior to beginning this training.
Videos are grouped into series based on user roles. Be sure to select the video series that best fits your role.
- Introduction to Duke General Ledger Accounts - SAP Classes - this video series is designed for those who will be attending any SAP classroom training. This will individuals participating in the Financial System Specialist Certification Program or those fulfilling prerequisite requirements to participate in certification supporting grant administration.
- Introduction to Duke General Ledger Accounts - Payroll Rep-Company 10 - this video series is designed for Department Payroll Representatives who work in Duke University or the School of Medicine.
- Introduction to Duke General Ledger Accounts - Payroll Rep - DUHS - this video series is designed for Department Payroll Representatives who work in Duke University Health System.
- Introduction to General Ledger Accounts - Procure to Pay Specialist - this video series is designed for participants in the Procure to Pay Specialist certification program.
- Introduction to General Ledger Accounting - TRaC Representatives - this videos series is designed for participants in the TRaC Representative certification program.
- Introduction to General Ledger Accounting - Research Administration - this video series is designed for participants in the RAA Certification or for those in grant specific jobs.
Registration for this session will be handled through Duke's Learning Management System (LMS). The LMS is accessible by using the Duke@Work portal and accessing the My Career > My Learning tab. See "Related Materials" for further details.
The Introduction to SAP course presents general information about the SAP system at Duke. You will learn common SAP language, as well as how to log on to and navigate the system. The course is presented in a series of five short videos and requires successful completion of a short quiz. Introduction to SAP is required before taking any other SAP courses. It is not required for either the iForms Overview or Introduction to SAP Business Warehouse courses.