- Financial Certification Program
- Certified TRaC Representative
- Certified TRaC Representative Frequently Asked Questions
Certified TRaC Representative Frequently Asked Questions
The certification exam is offered once per month and held virtually. The exam schedule is posted in the LMS and includes participants from all certification tracks. Once you've completed your curriculum (course attendance and quizzes), reach out to the Curriculum Leader who can send you the final exam registration link.
The length of the Financial Certification Program depends on the Specialty. Participants in the Financial Systems Specialist, the Procure to Pay Specialist, the Certified Payroll Representative and the Concur TRaC Representative have six months to complete the course work and all course exams. The final Certification Exam can be taken outside the six-month window; however, an individual is not certified until he/she passes the final exam.
Each of the individual Certification Programs offers comprehensive training to strengthen skills and ensure depth of knowledge in an area of expertise. Certification will enhance your ability to ensure financial compliance and accountability, skills vital to the Duke financial environment. Raising your job skills effectively should then favorably impact your performance evaluations. Certification in a chosen career path provides a credential recognized and respected in the Duke community.
The Concur TRaC Rep Certification Program is designed to train individuals currently in financially related roles at Duke. If you are interested in a financial role at Duke, you should seek a job with financial responsibility and then enroll in the certification program.
- Candidates preregister for a FCP Specialty of interest (e.g. Financial Systems, Human Resources/Payroll/Concur Expense Reporting, etc.).
- The Curriculum Leader assesses eligibility.
- Curriculum Leader sends a Contract of Enrollment to the candidate and his/her listed supervisor. Also provided are expectations for both employee and supervisor.
- Supervisor and Participant sign Contract of Enrollment for program participation. Submission of signed contract verifies confirmation of registration information and agreement to terms of participation.
- Curriculum Leader enrolls the candidate in FCP and sends confirmation notification to the candidate and supervisor.
- The participant is emailed a verification notice and commitment expectations reminder
** Enrollment is not guaranteed until a candidate has received a Confirmation of Enrollment from the Curriculum Leader of the FCP Specialty of interest
Employees may complete two tracks at one time. However, each Specialty is demanding and is condensed into a short time frame. Therefore, participants enrolling in two Specialties must be fully cognizant of their time commitments and the Failure to Attend Charge.
Course evaluations are available online to provide anonymity. Duke University Financial Services welcomes and appreciates all feedback in an effort to continue to provide excellent programming. We wish to protect your identity in an effort to solicit honest and thoughtful reflection on the course content, delivery, and value.
Your certificate will be emailed to you upon successful completion of the Certification Exam.
The Financial Certification Program is open to any Duke University employee who fulfills the following qualifications:
- Full-time employee of Duke University or Duke University Health System.
- Employed by Duke University or Duke University Health System for a minimum of six (6) months.
- Has relevant professional responsibilities at Duke, i.e. technical component of job. For the TRaC Rep Certification, this includes the business unit TRaC Representative, the backup TRaC Representative, or an expense delegate in the business unit.
- Has the approval of their supervisor to participate.
You will risk losing your Certification status if you do not meet the recertification requirements. Please speak to the Curriculum Leader of your Specialty to make arrangements if you cannot complete a recertification requirement.
All participants have six months to complete the program. If you are unable to do so, you must register again and restart the certification program.
The FCP Curriculum Leaders will make eligibility decisions on an individual basis. Family medical leave is excused; therefore, the Curriculum Leader will work with you to resume your Certification schedule.
A participant who scores above 50% competency but below 80% competency may attempt to take the End of Course Quiz a second time without taking the entire course. You will need to retake the class if you do not pass the quiz with 80% competency on the second try.
Classes taken within one year of FCP enrollment may be grandfathered in for credit. You must pass the End of Course exam with 80% competency to gain credit for this class. If you do not pass, you may take the exam one more time. If you still do not pass, you must take the course over.
You must register for the program and pass the End of Course Quizzes. If you demonstrate 80% competency, you will not be required to take the classroom portion again. This applies to the Financial Systems Specialist track, the Certified Payroll Representative track, the Procure to Pay Specialist track, and the Concur TRaC Representative track. Please speak to the Curriculum Leader in the area of Specialty you wish to study for more information.
You should schedule an appointment with your Curriculum Leader. Based on your scores and areas of deficiency, your Curriculum Leader may recommend you retake the exam or direct you toward the courses you need to repeat to boost your knowledge in that particular area.
The Certification Exam will be offered virtually once per month. The Certification Exam schedule is posted in the LMS and is open to all certification tracks. Once you complete your curriculum (attend all courses and complete quizzes), reach out to the Curriculum Leader, who will provide the link to register for the final exam.
End-of-course quizzes will be available in the assigned curriculum in the LMS once you attend the course. You may take the online quiz at your discretion. Quizzes for all courses must be completed before registering for the final exam.
Yes. During the Certification Exam, participants can use class material, Financial Services/Concur websites, and SAP. Participants will have three hours to complete the exam. After three hours, unanswered questions will count against the participant's final score.
These courses are foundational courses and do not need to be repeated for other certification programs.