Duke Campus Shipment Alert During Building Closures!
The following procedures will be in place for all Duke University building shipments except for those labs deemed essential (For Labs conducting essential research each School will gather the necessary contact information to post at the loading docks so that the normal deliveries can continue), or for specific offices identified by individual School
· Transportation vendor will deliver all shipment to Golden Warehouse and will be held until later retrieval.
· Packages will NOT be returned to vendor/sender.
What you can expect from the receiving team at Golden Warehouse
1. Upon receipt of the shipment at Golden, the receiving team will contact the owner of the shipment to inform them of the receipt and confirm if it should remain in storage. If the owner is unable to be contacted, the shipment will be logged and remain in storage
2. If shipment references a Purchase Order in SAP, the receiving team will document receipt in the receiving note section within the purchase order.
3. Shipments will be logged in and assigned to a location within Golden Warehouse for easy retrieval.
4. Upon opening of the Duke Campus, all shipments will be delivered to the original/intended ship to locations.
How do you contact the receiving team at Golden Warehouse?
Should you need to inquire about a package that you have confirmed that has arrived at the Golden Warehouse via the tracking number you have, please follow the steps below:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Purchase Order number (if available), tracking #, Vendor, departmental contact information/recipient’s name, the carrier if you know it, and the building address to which it was originally intended to ship.
These identifiers will assist in timely location of the item
2. Once the inquiry has been made, the package will be located and the receiving team will contact you about picking up / delivery details.
Please contact email@example.com should additional questions need to be answered.