- Payroll Services Home
- Additional Classes
The Electronic Time Reporting system through Duke@Work is the method by which non-exempt employees record the following hours to be paid:
- Primary position hours for employees' primary departments in Duke University and the School of Medicine where API Time and Attendance is not used.
- Secondary position hours for all secondary employees in Duke University, the School of Medicine, and Duke University Health System.
- All hours for Duke Temporary Service (DTS) employees in Duke University, the School of Medicine, and Duke University Health System.
The online training videos provide new employees with an opportunity to review and understand the tool prior to entering and submitting hours for payment. Employees should view the video that reflects the type of position they hold. Please contact your supervisor or department payroll representative if you have questions.
The Exempt Time-Off Tracking Tool provides Duke University exempt staff (Faculty are not included) with a standard method for tracking vacation, sick, and discretionary holidays. The tool is accessible via the Duke@Work self-service site. The training material below can be used by employees in departments to understand how to view, record, and submit their time reports effectively using the tool.
Certified Payroll Representative certification is designed for those individuals who are payroll representatives or backup payroll representatives and who are interested in advancing their professional growth and development. Comprehensive training will teach specific skills and techniques, improve job performance, minimize mistakes, bolster compliance measures, and provide a credential recognized and respected within the Duke community. Certified employees will exit the program with enhanced skills as outlined in detail in the Outcomes Outlines. Managers throughout Duke are encouraged to use their employee-participants in value-added roles by:
- Delegating additional work and responsibilities to the participant
- Supporting employee growth and development from certification
- Seeking newhires who have completed certification
Recorded instructor-led training, quick reference documents, and video demonstrations of the Hire and Rate and Schedule iForms for School of Medicine and School of Nursing (SOM/SON) Faculty using the Appointment Model to reflect available calendar months for Duke activities.
- Appointment Model - Impact on iForms Slide Deck - Slide deck used for training sessions delivered in June 2022.
- Recording of Instructor-Led Training - June 15, 202
Secondary positions are created when non-exempt (biweekly) employees work jobs in addition to their primary job at Duke. The online training videos provide step-by-step guidance on how to create and make changes to secondary positions in a variety of situations. Department payroll representatives and others who create iForms should view the videos to understand how to use the secondary position iForm.
- Creating a New Position - Duke University/School of Medicine Video
- Creating a New Position - Duke University Health System Video
- Creating a New Position - College Work Study Video
- Changing/Delimiting a Secondary Position - Duke University/School of Medicine Video
- Changing/Delimiting a Secondary Position - Duke University Health System Video