Effective October 1, 2021, all University non-capital project WBSEs will be created as nine (9) digits. The new WBSEs will return to sight recognition within the 3xx range. The remaining six (6) digits will be generic.
- The first digit indicates a restricted WBSE
- The second digit identifies the sponsor
- The third digit identifies the type of activity funded
There will be no changes or conversions for existing WBSEs – codes will remain as is (7 digits) until they are closed. There will be no changes for cost centers or profit centers.
This decision to change the length of some WBS Elements to nine (9) digits was part of S/4 planning and made in order to:
- Return to sight recognition for the first three (3) digits
- Provide significant headroom in historical ranges
Additional information is available in the Related Materials below.
All users working with non-capital project WBS elements.