Current Training Opportunities
The LMS and finding courses:
Research Costing Compliance (RCC) training can be found in the Duke Learning Management System (LMS). Registration for all RCC classes is in the Duke LMS. The links below will link you to the LMS registration page for each course.
Training on using the LMS is found online.
LMS Tip: if you would like to search for a course in the LMS that counts for Duke RCC Continuing Education Credit hours, you can use the advanced search function in the LMS catalog to search by either of the following fields:
- Field of Study: search for "Duke RCC Cont Ed Credits"
- Category: Search for "Research Administration"
You can also check the "Associated Learning" tab within a course to see if "Duke RCC Cont Ed Credits" are listed under the Continuing Education section.
For all RAA, AGM, RAI, FCC certified employees:
Those with an RCC certification must earn 15 continuing education credits, which must include the annual offering of Management of Selected Post Award Issues, throughout the fiscal year (7/1 – 6/30) to maintain RCC certification.
All questions/concerns regarding RCC training or continuing education credits should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit inquiries to individual RCC staff. Read more about continuing education requirements.
(The intended audience for these courses includes those who are new to research administration or new to the pre-award or post-award functions of research administration.)
- QuickStart in Research Administration (does not qualify for continuing education credit)
Continuing Education/Elective Classes:
- A Grant Manager’s Guide to Purchase Orders and Invoices – Session 1
- A Grant Manager’s Guide to Purchase Orders and Invoices – Session 2
- A Grant Manager’s Guide to Purchase Orders and Invoices – Session 3
- Advanced Effort Management - AGM
- Award & Project Setup for Grant Managers – RAA Elective
- Award & Project Management for Grant Managers - RAA Elective (2 part class)
- Communication Strategies in Research Administration – AGM
- Complex Project Management Pre-Award – AGM
- Complex Project Management Post-Award – AGM
- Decoding DC: Translating Washing for the Grant Manager’s World
- DOCR: Financial Basics for Clinical Research - RAA Elective
- DOCR: Industry Funded Clinical Research Process for Contracts - RAA Elective
- DOCR: Reading Study Documents From a Financial Perspective - RAA Elective
- Export Controls: International Shipping
- Export Controls: International Travel
- Export Controls: Restricted Research
- Export Controls: Hosting Foreign Nationals
- ORA: Memorandums of Understanding and Personal Service Agreements - RAA Elective
- ORA: Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) & The VA - RAA Elective
- ORS: Grants, Contracts, and Compliance 101 – Campus– RAA Elective
- ORS: Grants, Contracts, and Compliance 102 – Campus– RAA Elective
- ORS: Grants, Contracts, and Compliance 103 – Campus– RAA Elective
- ORS: Introduction to Subcontracts/Subawards – Campus– RAA Elective
- Payroll and Effort Management for Grant Managers – RAA Elective
- Project End & Closeout for Grant Managers - RAA Elective (2 part class)
Note: this is not an exhaustive list of classes - any one-off classes that will count toward RCC Continuing Education Credit hours will be announced via the Grant Management Community Listserv and in the RCC Connection.
- Search "RCC Webinar Wednesday" in the Duke LMS Catalog. There is one in-person webinar opportunity each month.
Other Duke Training Opportunities:
- SAP and University Reporting:
(Although they do not qualify for continuing education credits, these classes will be of interest to entry-level grant managers)
- National Conference on College Cost Accounting (NACCA)
- National Organization of Research Development Professionals (NORDP)
Note: these are not all the organizations whose conference attendance may count for RCC credit. Contact RCC if you have attended a Research Administration related conference and would like for it to count toward your 8 allowed hours (toward the total required 15) of non-Duke continuing education.