Untimely Posting Notification Process for July - Nov 2014
In preparation for the next Untimely Posting process scheduled for Monday, March 16, 2015, Employee Travel and Reimbursement will distribute reports to Business Managers, TRaC representatives and initiators every Wednesday, beginning January 14 through March 11, 2015. These reports will include all outstanding transactions for the period of July 1, 2014 through November 30, 2014. All transactions with a posting date prior to November 30, 2014 that have not been incorporated into an expense report, routed for all levels of approval and received in ET&R by March 16, 2015 will be included in the untimely posting review. In addition, Employee Travel and Reimbursement will continue to send the regular email notifications of all outstanding transactions every Monday as scheduled.
Reminders for the process are included below.
- Unassigned transactions will be posted to the default travel cost object, if one exists and it is not a grant code. If one does not exist or the default is a grant code, the default cost center on the position is used.
- Assigned transactions will be posted to the funding sources recorded in the individual expense reports. In the event the funding sources are grant codes, the default cost center will be used.
Please note that these G/L accounts cannot be reversed by departments. It is structured to support effective reporting and monitoring for these types of transactions.
As a reminder, several resources are available to support this process.
- The Workflow Status Reports are available to review the status of the outstanding transactions.
- Each initiator and TRaC representative receives a weekly email with all outstanding transactions.
- Monthly reports with all outstanding transactions are distributed to business managers and management centers.
Please take this opportunity to remind your card holders that transactions should be cleared on a monthly basis.
We appreciate your support with ensuring financial transactions are posted in a timely manner. If you have specific questions, please contact our team by email at OnlineTravel@duke.edu