New Expense Report Training Classes and TRaC Representative Certification
Beginning in November, Employee Travel and Reimbursement (ET&R) and Financial Training will offer monthly training classes for expense report initiators and Department TRaC Representatives. Supported by prerequisite online training, classroom training will be provided in four sessions:
- Expense Reports – An Overview
- This class explores best practices, key functionality and “how-to’s”, along with common mistakes in using the online expense report tools available through the Duke@Work portal.
- Expense Reports – Policies and Procedures
- This class discusses policies and procedures for domestic travel, reimbursements of out-of-pocket expenses, and corporate card usage from an institutional perspective.
- Expense Reports – Managing the Process
- This class reviews the tools, reports, and strategies that departments can employ to ensure that expense reports post to Duke’s General Ledger in a timely fashion.
- Expense Reports – International Travel
- This class builds upon Duke’s policies and procedures as they relate to expenses incurred while on Duke business outside the United States.
Visit the Finance Training website for more details on the training classes above and to access the online training videos which support classroom training.
Department TRaC Representatives may choose to participate in the TRaC Rep Certification Program, the newest track in Financial Services Certification Program. Participants must attend all classes listed above and complete quizzes and a final exam that demonstrates application of this knowledge. TRaC Rep Certification is open to TRaC Reps and their designated back-up with the required supervisor approval for participation. For more information and to pre-register, please visit the TRaC Representative Certification website.
If you have questions about the classes or the TRaC Rep Certification, please contact Financial Training at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in class.