Employee Travel and Reimbursement Updates
Now that the write off has been completed, we wanted to provide some status updates to keep you apprised of the overall Employee Travel and Reimbursement process.
Updates on the Write Off Transactions
- Corporate card transactions that were assigned to an expense report but not received in Employee Travel & Reimbursement (ET&R) by the April 15th deadline were incorporated into an expense report using Trip Schema 08 (Write Off schema) and posted to g/l account 695600 (Damages and Losses). ET&R charged the cost distribution provided in the original expense report, with the exception of grant codes. If the original expense report included a grant code, the appropriate departmental cost center was identified and substituted to cover the expense.
- Corporate card transactions that were unassigned as of the April 15th deadline were incorporated into an expense report using Trip Schema 08 (Write Off schema) and posted to G/L account 695600 (Damages and Losses) along with the cardholder’s default cost center. If the cardholder’s default cost center was a grant code, the appropriate departmental cost center was identified and substituted to cover the expense. Cardholders who had three or more unassigned transactions written off to damages and losses may be in jeopardy of having their card suspended. The Card Services team is coordinating this effort with the Management Centers.
- The expense reports created using the Write Off schema are not displayed in the portal and cannot be viewed/accessed by department initiators.
- Department Business Managers, or their representatives with access to the Finance tab in the Duke@Work portal, can identify transactions written off to damages and losses by executing one of the Phase 1 reports for Trip Schema 08. Reports can be run using the organizational unit of the cardholder or the individual DUID’s of the cardholders. Instructions for how to execute these reports are located on our website.
Earlier this week, ET&R sent an email notification to Initiators, TRaC Representatives and Business Managers that included cumulative lists of outstanding corporate card transactions with a Bank of America posting date from 3/1/2014 thru 5/2/2014 (date of last upload from Bank of America).
- The report labeled Unassigned will reflect transactions that have not been incorporated into an expense report.
- The report labeled Assigned will reflect a list of expense reports that include corporate card transactions which have not been routed for all levels of approval.
- We will continue to send these cumulative lists to Initiators and TRaC Representatives every Monday morning to assist them in managing the corporate card process and ensure transactions are processed timely.
- Business Managers will receive these reports on a monthly basis.
- Please remember that the information provided in these reports is current as of the date/time they are run and will include all transactions through the last upload from Bank of America.
- Our team members are working diligently to process all out of pocket reimbursements along with the corporate card expense reports. Please remind your teams that fiscal year end is rapidly approaching and transactions should be cleared on a monthly basis.