Duke University offers an alternative monthly payment plan through Nelnet. For more information or to enroll, please visit the Nelnet website, or call 800-609-8056. Students choosing to enroll with Nelnet will continue to receive statements from Duke University for their records. Duke University does not accept credit or debit cards for payment of student accounts.

If full payment is not received by the due date, a late payment penalty charge of 1.25 percent of the amount past due will be assessed on the next statement. The student's account will also be subject to registration holds. Failure to receive a statement does not warrant exemption from the payment of tuition and fees, nor from the penalties and restrictions.

Any outstanding financial aid at the time of billing is listed under the "Anticipated Financial Aid" section of your statement. The aid listed in this section may be deducted from the total amount due and payment made accordingly. If any aid has been omitted or incorrectly listed on the statement, please contact the Financial Aid and/or Student Loan office to confirm the aid that may be deducted from the amount due, or go to their website.
Transactions are posted to a Bursar Account from various offices and departments throughout the University. Questions should be directed to the office initiating the charge (e.g. Duke Card Office for dining, Residence Life and Housing Services for housing, etc.) After it has been confirmed that a credit is pending, payment may be remitted accordingly with a written explanation of the adjustment. Do not wait for a correct statement to remit payment.

If a sponsor will be paying all or part of the charges, please ask the sponsor to send a billing authorization in the form of either a letter or a standard voucher. The information can be sent in one of three ways:

U.S. Mail:
Student Account Analyst
Bursar's Office
324 Blackwell Street,
Washington Building, Suite 1000
Durham, NC 27701

Fax: (919) 684-3091

E-mail: Sponsored-Student-Billing@duke.edu

The sponsor's authorization should include the following:sponsor name, complete address, duration of sponsorship (beginning and ending date), special instructions for billing (purchase order numbers, ID numbers, etc.), and specific charges the sponsor will pay. A monthly statement will continue to be received. A timely payment must be made for any charges not covered by the sponsor's agreement. If a sponsor fails to pay the agreed upon amount, the student will be responsible for the entire balance.

The refunds are processed three times per week, and sent to the direct deposit information on file in DukeHub. If you are not currently enrolled in direct deposit, you will receive a check.  Checks will be mailed to the MAIL address as shown on DukeHub.  Please keep your bank account information and your address information current on the DukeHub website to ensure delivery of all correspondence, including refund checks.  For additional information on refunds, visit Student Refunds on bursar.duke.edu. *
All full-time students and part-time candidates are required to pay the health fee each semester for care at Student Health Services. For further explanation of these services, please contact Duke Student Health Service at (919) 681-WELL [919-681-9355] or visit their website.
No. The Corporate Card is a corporate (central-liability) card, not a personal (individual-liability) card.
The purchase will be declined if:
  1. the cardholder has exceeded the designated transaction, daily or monthly transaction limit
  2. the cardholder attempts to use the card for a blocked supplier category
  3. the incorrect expiration date is used
  4. the card has not been activated
  5. the card has expired
  6. the card has been flagged as caution by Bank of America's Fraud Department
  7. the incorrect billing address was supplied to the merchant.
Contact your WORKS administrator to verify that the information furnished to the vendor is correct. Verify that your purchase did not exceed your cardholder limits. If the information is correct and you did not exceed your limits, contact Card Services by email at corporatecardatduke.edu or by phone at 919-681-0648.
Any supplier who accepts Visa should accept Duke's Corporate Card. However, if the supplier accepts Visa, but is unwilling to accept Duke's Corporate Card, the cardholder should contact Card Services at 919-681-0648.
Detail receipts are required for all meals except for individual meals purchased with a Duke Corporate Card costing less than $50 for employees while traveling.
If travel is approved for the respective grant or contract, you may charge these transactions to the grant or contract. In the event the travel is canceled, the associated charges must be transferred off of the grant or contract code.
No, only Duke Employees can be cardholders. Bank of America capital does not extend liability coverage for employee misuse to cardholders who are not Duke employees.
No. WORKS administrators should be Duke employees due to the potential risks associated with giving individuals who are not employed by Duke access to sensitive data.

No, gas for personal vehicles is not allowed on the Corporate Card. Employees should request reimbursement for business miles driven with personal vehicles using the prevailing IRS determined mileage rate via a Travel Expense form or Miscellaneous Reimbursement form. See the Forms page. Gas purchased for rental vehicles is allowed to be charged to the Corporate Card.

Depending on the business needs of your position, you and your supervisor will determine the kind of access you need. For example, if you are responsible for grants, you need access to run financial reports. For ordering materials, you need MM or procurement access. If you are responsible for payroll, you need access to one or several HR/Payroll profiles. Then, you can contact your SAP Security Administrator to sign you up for an SAP account.
Your User Administrator should be listed under your department on our SAP Security Administrator webpage. Your Security Administrator can sign you up for an SAP ID or can edit your profile. The SA can also change a profile for a position. If you don't see your department or Security Administrator listed, email acctgsysadmin.
  • A simple, secure access to people, positions, and applicants
  • Transactions to update people and positions
  • Electronic routing and approval of transactions
  • Will eliminate HR/Payroll paper
  • Will eliminate paper forms and the position and applicant referral web tools
Depending on the business needs of your position, you will take classes in financials or procurement. For further information, you may view our class descriptions, class schedules and materials.

Please review the step-by-step instructions on Reconciliation and Documents. There you will see a section about how to see if a check has been issued.

If you forget your password, you must call the DHTS/OIT Help Desk. Only the YOU can call the Help Desk to request a password reset. The SAP Security Administrator cannot perform this function.The following verification will be required to have a password reset:
  • Your name and phone number
  • Duke unique ID
  • SAP Login (NetID)
If you can provide all of this information, the Help Desk will reset the password. This password will be pre-expired, so the you will need to change the password the first time you log in. Help Desk Phone Numbers
  • Medical Center: DHTS Helpdesk: 919-684-2243
  • University: OIT Helpdesk: 919-684-2200
Log onto the iForms portal. Under the home tab select the Universal Work List. Select the appropriate form from the list to make the necessary corrections.
If your department has multiple approvers all approvers receive the email notification. Whoever goes into their Universal Work List and clicks on the form first removes it from the other approvers work list.
303XXXX is a WBS element and needs to be entered in the WBS Element column and not the Cost Center column. If you enter the number in the WBS Element column the error will go away.
Log onto the iForms portal and click on the Staff and Positions Tab. Click on the link for the iForms Overview. Here you will see the forms you have created. Click on the link in the status column for that form and you will see what step of the process the form is currently in.
After a form has been Closed/Approved you can go to the iForms overview. Under the Confirmation Print column a printer icon will appear. Click on the Confirmation icon and it will pull up the confirmation for the change that was made. You can then print the confirmation.
International SOS provides you with worldwide quality health care and emergency assistance services 24 hours a day designed to supplement and integrate with Duke University services, procedures and policies. You should always attempt to activate Duke University on-site emergency contacts first, who will assist you. If they are not available, then proceed to contact International SOS.
International SOS provides you and your parents with peace of mind when you travel away from home on a Duke program. One phone call connects you to the International SOS network of multilingual specialists for immediate help in an emergency. International SOS services are designed to help you with medical, personal, travel, security information and legal referrals. Call International SOS at any time to speak with a physician or security specialist about simple or critical matters.

Carry the International SOS >membership card with you at all times. It includes the telephone numbers of the three major worldwide International SOS Alarm Centers. In the event of an emergency, call one of the emergency phone numbers listed on the card<.>

In order to utilize any of the medical or travel services listed under contract, call any SOS Alarm Center from anywhere in the world by calling directly, calling collect or calling the toll-free number. To ensure a prompt response when calling, you should be prepared to provide the following:

  • Your name, location, age, sex, and nationality
  • The department with which you are associated
    (for example, student/employee on Study Abroad program in ______ ; doing research for _______ Dept.; DukeEngage program; etc.)
  • Your International SOS membership number
    (Found on your ISOS card)
  • The telephone number from which you are calling (in case you are disconnected)
  • Your relationship to the member (if the person calling is not yourself.)
  • Name, location, and telephone number of the hospital or clinic (when applicable)
  • Name, location, and telephone number for the treating doctor, and where the doctor can be reached
    (when applicable)
  • What if I have pre-trip questions about my travel destination or questions about the current status in that location?

In addition to calling the Alarm Center for any pre-trip questions you may have, you can access Country and Security Guides from the website. Use your membership number as your member login. In addition to the information covered at the Pre-Departure Sessions and on-site orientation conducted by your program, the SOS comprehensive guides provide both medical, security and general travel advice, such as information on the standard of health care, how to pay for medical care, the availability of medications, safety of the blood supply, embassy/visa information, dialing code information, cultural etiquette and financial and voltage/plug information.

No, your membership is already active. Simply carry the card at all times while traveling on your Duke program. Whenever you need service, contact one of the emergency phone numbers listed on the back of the card. You do not need to report specific trip dates to International SOS each time you travel.  However, you can create a personal on-line account with SOS into which you can save medical, family and emergency information. Unless you input your information into an account it will not be available for staff in the event of an emergency. Medical and personal information can only be accessed by an SOS doctor.

You have the option to sign up for Email Alerts. You can choose to sign up for medical and/or security alerts by logging on and signing up. Medical alerts are issued when there is an unusual health risk that, in the opinion of the SOS Medical staff, may negatively impact travelers or expatriates visiting a country. Security alerts are issued when SOS Security professionals have identified a security risk in a specific country.
You should first activate the on-site emergency support network for your location. If you are traveling, or in a situation where you cannot contact Duke University staff, you should then contact SOS. The International SOS Alarm Centers are listed on the back of your
Call the nearest International SOS Alarm Center for legal referrals. If you are in a situation where you require legal assistance, on-site staff should be informed of this immediately.
If you require a prescription that a local physician cannot obtain, or you need to replace lost, stolen or depleted medication, International SOS will, when permissible by local law, send the needed medication to you. (Additional Fees will apply)
In most cases, Duke University staff should be able to assist you via our on-call emergency staff. However, if you are in a situation or location where you cannot reach Duke staff, call the nearest International SOS Alarm Center. International SOS will immediately take steps to evaluate the care you are receiving and determine what actions must be taken to ensure your safe and speedy recovery. SOS will notify Duke University staff immediately if you have not already done so.
If you are hospitalized in an area where adequate medical facilities are not available, International SOS will obtain approval from Duke University to evacuate you to a medical facility capable of providing the required care. A physician supervises evacuations, and when necessary, a medical specialist or nurse will accompany you during the evacuation. An air ambulance will be used when required.