Post Award Administration
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) exists to perform the post-award administration of sponsored projects by:
- preparing financial and other non-scientific reports to sponsors on sponsored projects,
- monitoring for compliance with sponsor and Duke requirements,
- assuring reimbursement of project expenditures,
- providing training and support to departmental administrators,
- coordinating award documentation and approval processes with two pre-award offices and other Duke service departments, and
- answering questions and providing information to sponsors and Duke personnel in a prompt, accurate and cordial fashion.
OSP performs these duties and responsibilities in order that it may safeguard project funds, maximize Duke's cash flow position, maintain good relations with sponsors and Duke personnel, and be viewed by principal investigators and departmental administrators as facilitating the progress of the sponsored project.
The Office of Sponsored Programs is available at (919) 684-5442 to answer any questions about the post award process or department administrators may schedule individual appointments with OSP staff at Erwin Mill Square, Suite 300 (2200 W. Main St., Durham).