When notified by a department of the death of an employee or of a member of an employee's immediate family, the department will call and request a floral arrangement be sent in the name of Duke University and Health System and the department. A small floral arrangement is sent to an employee who is hospitalized to the hospital where the employee is an inpatient. Memorial Contributions, in lieu of flowers, are no longer available. The procedure to order and purchase flowers is listed below.
700 St. Mary’s St
Raleigh, NC 27605
Ordering and purchasing flowers:
- Each department should designate a person to call and place flower orders with the approved florist.
- The designated person should complete the ordering form.
- In the event of the death of an employee or member of the employee's immediate family, the department designee should complete a Request Form and contact the approved florist.
- In the event the visitation was missed or if there is no service, a sympathy plant can be delivered to the employee’s local home address or the employee’s Duke address. Complete a Request Form and call the approved florist to have flowers sent in the name of Duke University / Duke University Health System and the department.
- In the event an employee is hospitalized, the department designee should complete a Request Form and call the approved florist.
- Call the vendor with the information and document name, date and time of call for department records.
Samples of floral arrangements (or similar). Images can be viewed at:
Frequently Asked QuestionsClick here for frequently asked questions about the floral policy.
For questions regarding the floral policy, contact Procurement and Supply Chain Management at (919) 681-5900.