Certificate of Insurance
A certificate of insurance is a document used to verify an entity is insured. Outside parties often request Duke to confirm various types and levels of insurance in connection with business agreements. Corporate Risk Management provides the certificate as proof of insurance.
Examples of situations when evidence of insurance may be required:
- Lease or rental agreements for property, vehicles, or equipment furnished to the University.
- For Medical or Clinical Professional Liability please contact DUHS Clinical Risk Management at 919-684-3277.
Request for Certificate of Insurance
To request a Certificate or Proof of Insurance submit the request for insurance to Corporate Risk Management.
Corporate Risk Management
Fax: (919) 684-6988
- Full name and address of the party requiring the Certificate of Insurance
- Fax number
- Event and date, coverage requested, and limits
- Reason that the Certificate of Insurance is required (a copy of the written agreement may be submitted for this purpose)
- Send instructions for the certificate, including number of copies needed