Fiscal Year End Updates from Corporate Accounts Payable
Our year end close for fiscal year 2016 is just around the corner. Please take a few minutes to review the cutoff dates below for invoice and AP check request processing. Our Accounts Payable team will stop posting invoices and check requests for FY 2016 expenses (goods or services received prior to July 1, 2016) as of 3:00pm on Monday, July 11. This will allow a quiet time for departments to review expenses prior to the period 12 close on Tuesday, July 12. Any invoices that need to be accrued after the July 11 cutoff date must be coordinated as follows:
- For Duke University, including the School of Medicine, all accruals will be posted by Financial Reporting as topside accruals instead of at the cost center or WBS element level. If there is an expense that you need recorded, you will need to coordinate with Financial Reporting.
- For Duke Health System, all accruals will be coordinated by DUHS Corporate Finance.
- Check Requests: 10:00am on Tuesday, July 5, 2016
- Requests must be submitted and approved in the Universal Work List by this date and time.
- Vendor Invoices: 5:00pm on Wednesday, July 6, 2016
- Invoices must be received in Corporate Accounts Payable by this date and time.
Invoices can be emailed to Corporate Accounts Payable. Vendors must use the email address VendorInvoiceduke.edu. In the event that a department may occasionally need to use this process, Duke Departments must use the email address DukeInvoiceduke.edu. Instructions for this process can be found on the Accounts Payable website.
Please do not submit a check request as a high priority unless it is being paid by wire or is a true emergency. We are seeing a number of requests submitted as high priority that should not be. When this happens it makes it harder for the Accounts Payable team to identify and process the true emergencies or wires.
Please process all open workflows and APAY replies that you receive as soon as possible. If you feel that you have received the APAY reply in error, please contact Corporate Accounts Payable so we can re-route the workflow to the appropriate departmental contact.
We appreciate your continued support. If you have any questions, please contact Corporate Accounts Payable Customer Service at 919-684-3112 or AccountsPayableduke.edu.